2019 Project Orange Thumb
Thanks for your interest in the Fiskars Project Orange Thumb Grant Program. We’ll choose 30 recipients from this year’s applicants to receive $2,500 in gift cards and tools to help support their goals of neighborhood beautification and horticulture education. Please answer the following questions to submit your application. Applications are due by 11:59pm CST on March 4, 2019. If you have any further questions regarding your application or the Project Orange Thumb process, please forward these to email@example.com.
In order to be eligible for a Project Orange Thumb grant, the garden initiative must be for a not-for-profit or 501(c)(3) organization within North America that has not received a Project Orange Thumb grant in the past. The Project Orange Thumb team looks for organizations committed to the long-term success of gardens that will promote healthy and sustainable food sources, community collaboration and neighborhood beautification.
Examples of new garden initiatives and garden expansion initiatives Project Orange Thumb has supported in the past:
- Gardens that grow produce for school meal programs
- Gardens created to increase environmental and agricultural education in the community
- Gardens donating produce to hunger relief programs
- Gardens for nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and related facilities
- Gardens created to aid in healthy eating and lifestyle educational programs
Applications are due by 11:59pm CST on March 4, 2019. Please review the terms and conditions before proceeding.